WASHINGTON, June 23 The National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH), a national, non-profit, membership organization of nearly 60 business and health coalitions, representing over 7,000 employers and 34 million employees and their dependents across the U.S., announced the lineup to date of confirmed speakers for its 13th Annual Conference being held in Washington, November 9-11, 2008. The conference The Employer Challenge: Connecting Health, Health Benefits & Business Strategies convenes business and health coalitions, employers and health care industry stakeholders from across the nation to share best practices and address value based purchasing strategies.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Craig Barrett, PhD, Chairman, Intel Corporation
- Gerald Shea, Assistant to the President of Governmental Affairs, AFL-CIO
- Karen Ignagni, President and CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans
- John Tooker, MD, MBA, FACP, Executive Vice President and CEO, American College of Physicians
- Richard Umbdenstock, President and CEO, American Hospital Association
- John Castellani, President, Business Roundtable
- Julie Gerberding, MD, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Brookings Institution
- Grace-Marie Turner, President, Galen Institute
- Susan Dentzer, Editor-in Chief, Health Affairs
- Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FACPM, Director of Health Care, Technology & Strategic Initiatives, IBM
- Drew Altman, PhD, President and CEO, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Len Nichols, Director Health Policy Program, New America Foundation
- Debra Ness, President and CEO, Partnership for Women and Families
The conference will feature three award programs:
- The 2008 Value Based Purchasing Membership Award, sponsored by AstraZeneca, is given to an NBCH member coalition to honor the total work and collaboration of a coalition in the area of health system reform.
- The 2008 Employer Excellence in Value Based Purchasing Award, sponsored by Johnson and Johnson Health Care Systems, Inc., is given to an employer that is a member of a coalition to acknowledge their contributions to health system reform through value based purchasing.
- The 2008 eValue8(TM)Innovation Awards, sponsored by Novo Nordisk, Inc., will identify and recognize the innovative and creative work of health plans. NBCH's eValue8 is the nation's leading common Request for Information tool.
The Annual Conference will be held at the J.W. Marriott Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington. For a complete agenda and registration information visit NBCH's Web site at http://nbch.org/events/conference.cfm or call 202-775-9300.
About the National Business Coalition on Health
NBCH is a national, non-profit, membership organization of nearly 60 business and health coalitions, representing over 7,000 employers and 34 million employees and their dependents across the United States. NBCH and its members are dedicated to value based purchasing of health care services through the collective action of public and private purchasers. For additional information visit: www.nbch.org.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE National Business Coalition on Health