BARCELONA, Spain, October 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
NanoPass technologies Ltd., a pioneer in the development ofintradermal delivery devices for vaccines and cancer, allergy and diabetes immunotherapy will present new data on intradermal flu at the World Vaccine Congress (WVC) 2016 to be held October 10-12 in Barcelona,
The newly released data, published on September 22, 2016 describes the results of a phase 1, open-label, randomized study comparing the immunogenicity and safety of various administration routes and doses of virosomal influenza vaccine in the elderly population. The study was conducted by Crucell Holland BV (a Janssen Company) in 6 centers in Belgium and Germany and included 370 healthy elderly subjects.
"This clinical trial is the first of its kind to our knowledge to compare most of the advanced strategies to improve immunogenicity of flu vaccines including adjuvants, high dose presentations and intradermal delivery using two devices." Said Yotam Levin, Chief Executive Officer of NanoPass. "This may translate to significant health benefits. In previous flu vaccine studies, we've shown to enable the use of one-fifth of the dose to achieve equivalent immunogenicity (antibody titers), and more importantly, in this study, to actually improve immunogenicity over conventional intramuscular delivery of a full dose vaccine, or even triple-dose (HD) presentations. This is significant especially in hard to vaccinate populations such as the elderly".
About NanoPass (http://www.nanopass.com)
The Company's microneedle system, MicronJet600 is a microneedle-based device for intradermal delivery of vaccines and drugs, which enables consistent and less painful  delivery of therapeutics directly into the skin. MicronJet600 is registered for marketing in various territories including the US, Canada Europe, China, Hong-Kong Korea, Brazil and Israel.
Intradermal delivery is thought to harness the skin's potent immune system to improve vaccines, and/or to dramatically reduce their dose while achieving equivalent effect.
NanoPass has one of the largest clinical databases in the industry for ID vaccination in various fields including vaccines (seasonal and pandemic influenza, polio, zoster and others), immunotherapies (allergy, cancer, diabetes) and aesthetic applications. These trials have demonstrated the device benefits including significant dose sparing (x5 -to x27), improved immunogenicity, consistency and painlessness .
The company was founded by Dr Shuki Yeshurun and is backed by prominent investors including West Pharmaceutical Services, IHCV, XT Hi Tech Investments, DPartners and Elcam Medical.
1. Levin Y et al. A phase 1, open-label, randomized study to compare the immunogenicity and safety of different administration routes and doses of virosomal influenza vaccine in elderly. Vaccine. 2016 Sep 22. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Hung I et al. Dose sparing intradermal trivalent influenza (2010/2011) vaccination overcomes reduced immunogenicity of the 2009 H1N1 strain. Vaccine. 2012 Oct 5;30(45):6427-35
3. Abhijeet A et al. Early priming with inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) and intradermal fractional dose IPV administered by a microneedle device: A randomized controlled trial. Vaccine. 2015 Nov 27;33(48):6816-22
4. Lee H et al. Safety and efficacy of tuberculin skin testing with microneedle MicronJet600 in healthy adults. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26970160 ] 2016 Apr;20(4):500-4.
5. Levin Y et al. Intradermal vaccination using the novel microneedle device MicronJet600: Past, present, and future. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015;11(4):991-7.
6. Beals C et al. Immune response and reactogenicity of intradermal administration versus subcutaneous administration of varicella-zoster virus vaccine: an exploratory, randomised, partly blinded trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2016 Aug;16(8):915-22.
7. Levin Y et al. Clinical evaluation of a novel microneedle device for intradermal delivery of an influenza vaccine: Are all delivery methods the same? Vaccine. 2014 Jul 23;32(34):4249-52
Contact: Yotam Levin, CEO +972-523-392727 [email protected]
SOURCE NanoPass Technologies Ltd
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...
Reflux nephropathy is the scarring and damage caused to the kidneys by reverse flow of urine from ...View All