LONDON, June 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlights
· The global mHealth market should reach $46.2 billionby 2021 from $13.2 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.6%, from 2016 to 2021.
· The North America region of the global mHealth market is the largest
· The Europe region of the global mHealth market is expected to grow from $4.5 billion in 2016 to $16.3 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 29.6% for the period 2016-2021.
· In 2016, the global mHealth market is estimated to have generated around $13.2 billion in sales.
· Over the next decade, innovations within the mHealth market will be driven by the evolution of smart devices and wearables, improvements in wireless coverage and remote monitoring, and the diagnosis and treatment of prevalence of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs).
· Mobile health is a rapidly emerging market.
· mHealth technologies are no longer a nice to have but a must-have technology enabling companies to more effectively compete within the pharmaceutical arena.
· This new report on mobile health will provide a brief description of the current status of the industry and recent developments.
· It presents the changing environment, in terms of new challenges and opportunities for app development, remote monitoring and networking medical data.
• The global mHealth market should reach $46.2 billion by 2021 from $13.2 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.6%, from 2016 to 2021.• The North America region of the global mHealth market is the largest market. The market is expected to grow from $4.7 billion in 2016 to $16.7 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 29.0% for the period 2016-2021.• The Europe region of the global mHealth market is expected to grow from $4.5 billion in 2016 to $16.3 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 29.6% for the period 2016-2021.IntroductionIn 2016, the global mHealth market is estimated to have generated around $13.2 billion in sales. Over the next decade, innovations within the mHealth market will be driven by the evolution of smart devices and wearables, improvements in wireless coverage and remote monitoring, and the diagnosis and treatment of prevalence of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). As healthcare shifts towards a patientcentric value-based healthcare system, increasingly healthcare providers will adopt mHealth solutions that enable them to increase productivity and improve efficiencies. In addition, patients are taking a more active role in their health and well-being on the go utilizing mApps, connected devices and wearables to monitor health conditions and provide actionable outputs.Study Goals and ObjectivesThe goal of this study is to provide a comprehensive analysis of the mobile health (mHealth) market by reviewing the recent advances in technologies that have driven the field forward. It examines global market trends and opportunities for mobile operators, vendors and industry providers that support the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. The report's main focus is to identify the challenges and opportunities that exist in the mHealth market following its applications to improve healthcare tracking, consumer education, healthcare services as a whole as well as its important role in pharmaceuticals and clinical trial management. It aims to identify companies and institutions that are leading the field, providing innovative solutions to enable digitized information and enhance the collation and distribution of real-time patient generated data within the healthcare system to ultimately improve health outcomes and efficiencies as well as to help streamline drug development programs and product submissions.Reasons for Doing This StudyMobile health is a rapidly emerging market. Over the past decade, mobile technologies have become part of our daily lives largely due to improvements in wireless infrastructure and connectivity and the rapid development of smartphones and other devices to send and receive information. Many sectors such as banking, retail and navigation have rapidly adopted wireless technology and communication systems, providing hardware/software solutions to enhance the collation, interpretation and communication of information, connecting businesses and customers; expanding market access and global reach through personalized solutions that can empower the end user. The global healthcare industry continues to face significant challenges to deliver high-quality care to a heterogeneous, expanding and aging population. Mobile telecommunication platforms have already started to demonstrate their value to solve some of these issues to provide accessible and cost-effective solutions in the diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic diseases. In developed economies, mHealth solutions can help speed up the regulatory approval process, enhance the transfer of medical information between healthcare professionals and improve diagnosis and treatment decision making, while in the developing world, it has led to improvement in real-time monitoring of epidemics and more effective mobilization and utilization of medicines and medical services. mHealth technologies are no longer a nice to have but a must-have technology enabling companies to more effectively compete within the pharmaceutical arena.Scope of ReportThis new report on mobile health will provide a brief description of the current status of the industry and recent developments. It presents the changing environment, in terms of new challenges and opportunities for app development, remote monitoring and networking medical data. The report analyzes the market trends, leading service providers, therapeutic markets and the most popular mHealth applications, in terms of downloads and revenues. The report will also explore the primary beneficiaries of mHealth and identify the areas/services with revenue growth opportunities in the mHealth industry, across the globe. Finally, it will provide future insights into innovative devices and services in late-stage development that could change the way healthcare services are provided in near future.Information SourcesPrimary research involved e-mail correspondence and telephone interviews for each market, category, segment and sub-segment across regions. We wish to extend our thanks to those who took part in interviews for this report, especially the following, who gave so generously of their time:• Basharut Syed Ahmed, Senior Analyst/Consultant, IMS Health.• Bryce Sady, Life Science Marketing, PSL Group.• David Doherty, Cofounder and Director, 3G Doctor, Ireland.• Dana Quattrochi, Executive Director of Investor Relations, athenahealth.• Dimitri Konstantas, Professor of Information Systems, University of Geneva.• Nardo Manaloto, Chief Innovation Officer/Founding Partner, SeedHIT.• Sean Nolan, Head of Microsoft's Health Solutions Group.• Steven Powell, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Cambridge Cognition.MethodologyBoth primary and secondary sources were used in preparing this study. This analysis of mHealth breaks down the market by geography, category and application, and also analyzes current and potential opportunities for mHealth businesses. It includes market sizes from 2015 and forecasts market revenuesthrough 2021.Geographic BreakdownIn this report, the geographic regions considered for market analysis include, and only include:• North Americao U.S.• Europe.o France.o Germany.o U.K.• Asia-Pacifico China.o India.o Japan.Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2070055/About ReportbuyerReportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishershttp://www.reportbuyer.com For more information: Sarah Smith Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com Email: [email protected] Tel: +44 208 816 85 48 Website: www.reportbuyer.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mobile-health-mhealth-technologies-and-global-markets-estimated-to-reach-462-billion-by-2021-300468700.html
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...
Sea food allergy is the adverse response of the body''s immune system to the proteins present in ...View All