Minnesota Chiropractic Association Offers Advice for a Healthier New YOU!
EDINA, Minn., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new year, a new YOU! Some of the most popular resolutions include getting healthier. The Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) encourages better health through lifestyle choices.
The following tips are offered to those seeking a positive impact on health as well as prevention of potential health problems in the future:
- Chiropractic adjustments restore normal function of the nervous system and boost immune function.
- Get enough sleep - the average person needs 8 hours per night.
- Exercise a minimum of three to four days per week.
- Avoid trans fats, which includes partially hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, and high doses of sugar.
- Brown-bag your lunch to control your fat and sugar content while adding nutritious foods.
- Drink eight to ten 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
- Consume dark green vegetables, oils, nuts, and seeds, which are sources of magnesium, fatty acids, and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Take a comprehensive daily multivitamin, omega 3s and don't "self-prescribe." Consult a health care practitioner, such as a Doctor of Chiropractic, to determine what supplements are best for you.
About Minnesota Chiropractic Association
Created in 1927, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association is the only professional organization in Minnesota that solely represents the chiropractic professional on a multi-level and integrated service basis.
SOURCE Minnesota Chiropractic Association