MedImmune Highlights Inflammatory Disease Portfolio at 73rd Annual Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology
GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct. 15 -- MedImmune today announced that researchers will present data on several inflammatory disease programs at the annual meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, from October 17 to 21, 2009 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
“Through our research into novel disease pathways involved in autoimmune disorders, we continue to fulfill our mission of using scientific excellence to deliver life-changing medicines for patients with rheumatic diseases,” said Anthony Coyle, PhD., vice president, head of respiratory, inflammation, and autoimmune disease research. “Representing some of our most recent progress, we are pleased to share data relevant to the development of new therapies for conditions such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and scleroderma.”
The schedule for MedImmune’s nine posters and two oral presentations at the meeting, starting on Saturday October 17, is as follows:
- Relationship Between Disease Activity and Type 1 Interferon- and Other Cytokine-Inducible Gene Expression in Blood in Dermatomyositis and Polymyositis (Oral Presentation)–Steven Greeberg, Ph.D., Sunday, October 18 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 202 B
- In Vitro and In Vivo Properties of MEDI-571, a Human Anti IL-17A Antibody in Development for the Treatment of Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis – Matthew Sleeman, Ph.D., Sunday, October 18 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 8
- Utilising Assay Systems Relevant to IL-6 Mechanisms in Rheumatoid Arthritis to Demonstrate Efficacy of a Novel Human Anti-IL-6 Antibody, CAT6001 –Donna Finch, Ph.D., Sunday, October 18 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 45, Abstract: 587
- MEDI5117: A Human High Affinity Anti-IL-6 Monoclonal Antibody with Enhanced Serum Half-Life in Development for the Treatment of Inflammation and Rheumatological Diseases – Jacques Moisan, Ph.D., Sunday, October 18 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 401
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) Restores Normal Fibrinolysis / Coagulation Balance in Kidney and Reverses Clinical Score in Skin in a Murine Graft-Versus-Host Disease Model of Scleroderma: Proof of Concept for Therapeutic Fibrinolysis in Scleroderma – Timothy Burwell, B.Sc., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1062
- Neutralization of Angiopoietin 2 Reduces Disease in Murine Arthritis and Augments Efficacy of Anti-TNF Treatment – Brian Naiman, MS., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 666
- Critical Requirement of RAGE for Development of Lung Fibrosis in An Experimental Model of Systemic Sclerosis –Tracy Delaney, M.Sc., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1053
- Depletion of Inducible Co-Stimulator (ICOS) Bearing T Cells Inhibits Expansion of T Follicular Helper Cells (TFH) and Prevents Disease in a Graft Versus Host Mouse Model of Scleroderma – Gianluca Carlesso, Ph.D., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1065
- Autoimmune-Driven Skin Fibrosis: The Critical Requirement for IFNAR1 in An Experimental Model of Systemic Sclerosis – Tracy Delaney, M.Sc., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1067
- Human S100 Proteins Differentially Regulate Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Release and Cell Migration – Bo Chen, Ph.D., Tuesday, October 20 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1331
- CAM-3001; a Novel Human Monoclonal Antibody against GM-CSFR-a, in Subjects with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Results of a Phi Study (Oral Presentation) – Gerd-R Burmester, M.D., Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Hall D, Abstract: 1926
MedImmune, the worldwide biologics business for AstraZeneca PLC (LSE: AZN.L, NYSE: AZN), has approximately 3,300 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. With an advancing pipeline of promising candidates, we aim to be the next revolutionary force in biotechnology by delivering life-changing products, industry-leading performance, and a tireless commitment to improving patient health. For more information, visit MedImmune’s website at www.medimmune.com.