Key life science industry thought leaders and new one-day programs elevate offerings at BioPharm America™ 2016
CARLSBAD, Calif. and BOSTON, July 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The ninth annual BioPharm America™ life science partnering event will take place September 13–15 at Boston Marriott Copley Place in the heart of Boston. Produced by EBD Group in collaboration with the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio), the event features presentations from cutting edge biotech companies and early stage startups, and is attended annually by hundreds of executives from global pharmaceutical companies, investors and service companies in search of partners.
"BioPharm America is better than ever, and we expect to have our best event yet in 2016," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director of EBD Group. "The market is always changing, and our high-caliber speakers and cutting-edge program are sure to provide insights on partnering trends and in-demand opportunities."
Key thought leaders headlining the program this year include:
- Adam Brickman – Director, Strategic Communications and Public Policy, Omada Health
- Alex de Winter – Director, GE Ventures
- Sinclair Dunlop – Managing Partner, Epidarex Capital
- Nicole Fisher – Founder and CEO, HHR Strategies
- Brian M. Gallagher, Jr. – Partner, SR One
- Carolyn E. Green – Executive Director, Strategic Investments, Pfizer Worldwide R&D, ERDI
- Katya Hancock – Director of Industry Partnerships, StartUp Health
- Christine Lemke– Co-Founder and President, Evidation Health
- Roger Longman – CEO, Real Endpoints
- Philippe Lopes-Fernandes – Senior VP and Head, Global Business Development and Alliance Management, EMD Serono
- Brendan Luu - Head of Business Development, Strategic Initiatives, EMD Serono
- Douglas MacDougall – President, MacDougall Biomedical Communications
- Corey McCann – CEO, Pear Therapeutics
- Peter Parker – Co-Founder, LabCentral; Managing General Partner, BioInnovation Capital
- Jit Patel – VP, Business Development, JDRF
- Avery Posey – Instructor, Center for Cellular Immunotherapies, University of Pennsylvania
- Patricia Reilly – Head, Intelligence Alliances and Product Unification, Pharma intelligence, Informa
- Jason Rhodes – Partner, Atlas Venture
- Morrie Ruffin – Managing Partner, Adjuvant Partners
- Ed Saltzman – President, Defined Health
- Aaron Schwartz – Director, R&D Innovation Sourcing, Novo Nordisk
- Jeremy Springhorn – Partner, Corporate Development, Flagship Ventures
- Luke Timmerman – Founder and Editor, Timmerman Report
New features taking place during BioPharm America™ (#BioPharmAmerica) this year include two one-day programs, Biotech Startup Day and Digital Medicine Connect, and a special track designed to offer opportunities for expanded networking and cross-pollination of ideas across the technology, drug development, pharma and business ecosystems. The Cell and Gene Therapy track will include sessions on technologies like CRISPR and Adoptive Cell Therapies, pathways to commercialization and the use of regenerative medicine in the treatment of rare diseases and cancer.
Biotech Startup Day (#BPAStartupDay)Now in its second year, Biotech Startup Day will feature interactive roundtable discussions among pharma executives, finance experts and entrepreneurs, and include a pitch fest featuring a curated group of Boston-area startups.
Digital Medicine Connect (#DigitalMedicineConnect)The one-day Digital Medicine Connect program will examine the challenges facing digital medicine stakeholders as they work to deliver clinically impactful and economically viable digital medical solutions in a saturated yet still-emerging business environment.
The 2015 edition of BioPharm America was attended by 853 delegates from 524 companies representing 27 countries; 2,274 one-to-one partnering meetings were held at the event where 657 licensing opportunities were on offer.
Additional links and information:
Follow BioPharm America 2016 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BioPharmAmerica).
Online Press Kit service for BioPharm America™ 2016 is available from Virtual Press Office/PR Newswire to enhance your public relations efforts.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/key-life-science-industry-thought-leaders-and-new-one-day-programs-elevate-offerings-at-biopharm-america-2016-300299380.html
SOURCE EBD Group