Isha Foundation Offers the Science of Yoga to Over 2 Crore Students
BANGALORE, June 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
After the immense impact of the first International Day of Yoga last year, Isha Foundation is concentrating its efforts to create a sustainable culture of self-powered wellbeing, with a special focus on students. In a massive movement towards this, Isha is offering modules of 'Upa-yoga' attempting to reach over 20 million students. The Foundation is also training and empowering thousands of volunteers around the globe to conduct yoga sessions at zero cost. All these efforts are being done in collaboration with the Govt. of India, Ministry of Ayush, State Education departments, Embassies, Consulates and a host of Corporate partners around the world, enabling Isha to make these offerings free of cost.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160620/10148747 )
Sadhguru, Founder, Isha Foundation will be at the United Nations - World Body Headquarters, New York, on June 20 and 21. On June 20, he will be in conversation with author, civil and environmental rights advocate, Max Kennedy, to talk about yoga and sustainable development goals. On June 21, Sadhguru will lead a yoga session at the United Nations in a gathering of prominent personalities, dignitaries and state ambassadors. The President of the General Assembly, Mr. Mogens Lykketoft will be the Chief Guest at the event. LIVE Webstream@isha.co or LiveFromUN at 3pm EDT on June 20, 1:15pm EDT on Jun 21.
Wellbeing of Children
Isha Foundation is reaching out to over 35,000 schools across India, touching over 20 million students not just on Yoga Day but throughout the year. To execute this plan, over 35,600 school teachers are undergoing training to teach simple yogic practices. This includes the Central Government - Kendriya Vidyalaya schools across India and other Government Schools in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu to name a few. In addition, training sessions are also being conducted in coaching institutes in Kota, Rajasthan; private schools, colleges and universities across the country.
Yoga for all
- Apart from India, Yoga sessions are being conducted in 6 continents and over 80 countries. A large number of trainers are being prepared to offer free yoga sessions in 50,000 locations across USA.
- In a massive event, more than 5000 people were trained in a single session at YMCA in Chennai on 5th June. They are now equipped to conduct free yoga sessions wherever required.
- As a run up to the International Day of Yoga, Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore hosted a Hatha Yoga program in 7 languages - English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Chinese, Russian and French. The program was attended by 2000 participants from 39 countries.
- INOX has associated with Isha Foundation to provide a unique experience through screening of an interactive short film across over 100 properties. The special film produced by Isha Foundation, is titled, 'LIFE 70MM ? THE ONLY WAY OUT IS IN' which will give an opportunity to the viewers to learn Yoga also.
- A mass yoga session was conducted in association with Government of Karnataka and Ministry of Ayush for over 2000 people in Bangalore. Shri U. T. Khader, Minister for Health and Family Welfare will participate in this event in Cubbon Park, Bengaluru.
- Dainik Bhaskar in association with Isha Foundation hosted yoga sessions every morning from 18 to 20 June, open to public in eight major cities - Raipur, Jaipur, Indore, Vidisha, Surat, Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Bhopal. About 10,000 people benefitted from these sessions.
- Extensive and wide reaching sessions are also being conducted in conjunction with the CII, media houses, railways, government offices, orphanages, old age homes, banks, hotels, crossword book stores, reliance stores, museums, police, RTO, JNPT, navy, airforce, prisons, SpiceJet, the Airports Authority of India etc.
Isha Foundation is also offering simple 5 minute yoga practices online and through a mobile app called 'Yoga Tools for Transformation'.
About Isha Foundation:
Isha Foundation is a not-for-profit, spiritual organization, founded by Sadhguru based at the Isha Yoga Center in Coimbatore, India and Isha Institute of Inner Sciences, USA. The foundation offers yoga programs with over 200 centers & over five million volunteers worldwide and works in tandem with international bodies like the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
For more information - log on to isha.sadhguru.org or call 83000 11111.
Official hashtag: #YogaDayWitIisha @ishafoundation @SadhguruJV
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org