Illness-Causing Allergens Can Be Harbored Inside Your Home
PARSIPPANY, N.J., April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring is here and allergy flare-ups are often attributed to the allergens outside your front door. However, did you know that the same allergens are found on surfaces inside 75 million homes across America? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some of the most common indoor allergens include dust mites, mold and household pets.
Now LYSOLŽ, the number one surface disinfectant brand recommended by pediatricians, can also help control indoor allergens to help keep your family healthy year-round. In fact, LYSOLŽ Disinfecting Wipes remove 90% of dust mite debris, pollen particles and pet dander on hard surfaces around your home and LYSOLŽ Disinfectant Spray kills the source of mold allergens on hard, non-porous surfaces.
"Allergies are a year-round issue, yet prevention and removal of common household allergens are often overlooked in families' cleaning routines," says pediatrician Dr. Laura Jana, pediatrician and mother of three. "As peak allergy season arrives, there are a few simple steps that families with allergy sufferers can add to their spring cleaning routines to reduce allergens around the home to help alleviate allergy symptoms and help your family stay healthy."
- Clear the Air - Prevent pollen from entering your home and settling on surfaces by keeping windows and doors closed during peak allergy season. Air filters are also considered useful for helping clear the air of lingering allergens triggers.
- Wipe Down Surfaces - Be sure to frequently clean hard surfaces to get rid of dust mite debris in your home. You can also consider replacing carpets with hard wood floors.
- Avoid Mold Spores - To help reduce mold: use an air conditioner in humid climates and avoid the use of humidifiers in dry climates. Also, run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering.
- Wrap Things Up - Put fabric covers over common dust mite hideouts such as pillows, mattresses and sofa cushions and wash bedding often.
- Reduce Pet Dander - Decrease your exposure to pet dander by keeping your pet out of your bedroom, since this is typically the room in which people spend a majority of their time.
- Talk to Your Doctor - It is important to talk to your doctor about whether or not allergy testing, medications, and/or other measures are recommended.
LYSOLŽ Disinfectant Spray and LYSOLŽ Disinfecting Wipes are available at retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.lysol.com.
About LYSOLŽ / Reckitt Benckiser, Inc.
Reckitt Benckiser is the world leader in household cleaning, (excluding laundry) and has a major presence in health and personal care. The Company is truly global, with over 60 operating companies and over 40 manufacturing facilities worldwide. With sales in 180 countries, the Company employs 22,000 people around the world. Among the Company's leading brands in household are Lysol, the world leader in disinfecting cleaning; Calgonit, Finish and Electrasol; the world leaders in automatic dishwashing; Woolite, world leader in fine fabrics; Vanish and Spray 'n Wash, world leaders in fabric treatment; Mucinex and Delsym, leaders in U.S. cold and cough; and Airwick and Mortein, both leading brands in air care and pest control, respectively. Reckitt Benckiser is headquartered in Slough just outside London and is listed on the London stock exchange. Its North American headquarters is in Parsippany, New Jersey, which is 30 miles West of New York City. With a market capitalization of $40 billion, Reckitt Benckiser ranks among the top 25 UK listed companies. Reckitt Benckiser has annual net revenues of $10 billion.