Hospira Highlights Progress in 2010 at Its 2011 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
LAKE FOREST, Ill., May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), a leading global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company, today held its 2011 Annual Meeting of Shareholders in Washington, D.C. The agenda included votes on seven items as well as an update on the company's progress in 2010 and its position going forward.
"2010 was a year marked with milestone achievements, but also scattered challenges," said F. Michael Ball, chief executive officer. "Through a keen focus on staying the course, we transformed obstacles into opportunities. In 2011, we continue to deliver on our strategy, remaining focused on propelling Hospira towards a future of sustainable top-ranking performance and increased value for our shareholders."
During the annual meeting, shareholders:
- elected the following directors: Irving W. Bailey, II; F. Michael Ball; and Jacque J. Sokolov, M.D.; all Class I directors whose terms expire in 2014;
- approved three amendments to Hospira's restated certificate of incorporation;
- approved, by means of a shareholder advisory vote, the compensation of Hospira's named executive officers ("say on pay") as disclosed in the 2011 proxy statement;
- determined, by means of a shareholder advisory vote, that the "say-on-pay" vote will occur every year; and
- ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as Hospira's auditors for 2011.
A full description of the above matters is included in Hospira's proxy statement related to the meeting. The proxy statement is available on Hospira's website at www.hospirainvestor.com, as are Mr. Ball's remarks.
Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company dedicated to Advancing Wellness. As the world leader in specialty generic injectable pharmaceuticals, Hospira offers one of the broadest portfolios of generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management solutions. Through its products, Hospira helps improve the safety, cost and productivity of patient care. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 14,000 employees. Learn more at www.hospira.com.
SOURCE Hospira, Inc.