Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. to Attend NAREIT's REITWeek Conference
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE:HTA), the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings (MOBs) who provides the infrastructure for the integrated delivery of healthcare services in 20 to 25 key markets, announced today that it will attend the NAREIT REITWeek 2016 Conference from Tuesday, June 7th through Thursday, June 9th, at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, NY.
Management will be conducting meetings with institutional investors and research analysts throughout the conference. The Company will not be conducting a formal presentation. All materials accompanying the meetings will be available on the Company's website.
About HTAHealthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings (MOBs) concentrated in 15 to 25 key markets. We provide the infrastructure for the integrated delivery of healthcare services in highly desirable locations. Our in-house property management and leasing platform has strategically placed regional offices, allowing us to efficiently manage our medical office buildings and serve approximately 2,000 tenants.
Over the last decade, we have invested $3.9 billion primarily in MOBs and other healthcare assets comprising 16.9 million square feet. Our targeted key markets have superior healthcare demographics –economically affluent populations, leading universities, health systems and national employers looking for well-educated workers. These dynamics support strong, long-term demand for MOBs. We have, and continue to achieve, critical mass by expanding our presence, within these key markets.
Founded in 2006, by our Chairman and CEO Scott Peters, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in June 2012, HTA was the first company that did not issue equity in conjunction with its NYSE listing. This demonstrates our commitment to creating shareholder value and prudently allocating capital. Since our inception, we have delivered, on average, 10% total return to our shareholders, which accounts for stock appreciation and the reinvestment of dividends. More information about HTA can be found on the company's website at www.htareit.com.
Forward-Looking LanguageThis press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investors; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2015 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Financial Contact:Robert Milligan Chief Financial OfficerHealthcare Trust of America, Inc.480.998.3478RobertMilligan@htareit.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthcare-trust-of-america-inc-to-attend-nareits-reitweek-conference-300279685.html
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.