Healthcare Regulatory Update: The United Arab Emirates
The fragmented nature of the healthcare systems in the United Arab Emirates remains despite the implementation of health reforms in the emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The two major
emirates are currently at different stages in the development and implementation of reform with the gap between them in terms of access to healthcare and pharmaceuticals widening with Abu Dhabi leading the way.http://www.tinyurl.com/ybhyzfq
Insight into the inequality of healthcare access and associated costs which has led to reform in the UAE
* Overview of the latest regulatory reforms in the UAE and their impact on key stakeholders
* Update of strategies to improve healthcare standards and access in Abu Dhabi
* Update of strategies to improve healthcare standards and access in Dubai
Healthcare reforms in the UAE have aimed to improve the accessibility and quality of healthcare services available to residents while reducing the burden of public financing of healthcare. Since 2009 a number of reforms have been proposed and implemented while others have been postponed in light of the recent global economic downturn.
In Abu Dhabi since the passing of the Health Insurance Bill in 2005 most residents are now covered by health insurance with this being justified by increasing encounters between physicians and patients. The HAAD has also implemented a number of cost saving strategies a screening program for nationals and an eHealth platform.
In Dubai the timelines for the proposed health insurance reforms have been postponed. For expatriates especially those on very low wages (such as labourers) the postponement will mean that access to healthcare will remain patchy since they will have to pay out-of-pocket for treatment or depend on the goodwill of their employers.
Reasons to Purchase
* Understand the latest changes to the UAE healthcare market and the strategic implications of current/ future reforms to your business
* Identify opportunities for mutually beneficial relationships between your firm and other stakeholders
* Understand the latest commercial trends adopted in the healthcare industry in response to and in anticipation of the latest reforms
To know more and to buy a copy of your report feel free to visit : http://www.tinyurl.com/ybhyzfq
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook