Health Plan of Michigan Honors 19 Top Health Care Providers
DETROIT, July 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Detroit-based Health Plan of Michigan (HPM) has recognized 19 Michigan health care providers for their outstanding quality and service.
The 19 Michigan health care providers were identified as the top primary care offices through a rigorous selection process that was based on Health Plan of Michigan's 2009 quality incentive plan. "We wanted to show our gratitude to our highest ranking health care providers for their excellence in quality and service," said Raymond D. Pitera, Vice President of Provider Service for Health Plan of Michigan. "We truly appreciate the access to quality services they provide to our Medicaid Members."
The 2009 Health Plan of Michigan Quality incentive program paid over $6 million to its contracted primary care providers and is on pace to spend over $8 million in 2010. Health Plan of Michigan hopes more providers will meet the performance criteria next year and will continue assisting all provider offices in increasing their quality scores.
The 19 honorees for this years award are:
- Devyani Khambete Waterford, MI
- Downriver Community Services Algonac, MI
- Dundee Pediatrics Dundee, MI
- Family Health Center of Battle Creek Battle Creek, MI
- Family Tree Medical Associates Hastings, MI
- Hackley Community Care Center Muskegon Heights, MI
- Hillsdale Medical Associates Hillsdale, MI
- Hillsdale Pediatrics Clinic Hillsdale, MI
- Historic Family Physicians Battle Creek, MI
- Huron Family Practice Port Huron, MI
- Intercare Community Health Bangor, MI
- Jonesville Healthcare Jonesville, MI
- Lakeshore Spine and Pain Ludington, MI
- Monroe Health Center Monroe, MI
- MSU-KCMS Kalamazoo, MI
- Children's Health Care - Port Huron, MI
- Promed Health Care Kalamazoo, MI
- Shoreline Pediatrics Muskegon, MI
- Tecumseh Family Practice Tecumseh, MI
Health Plan of Michigan is the largest Medicaid HMO in the State of Michigan, providing health care services to over 262,000 Medicaid enrollees through a contract with the Michigan Department of Community Health (DCH). HPM is a privately owned and physician managed Medicaid health plan. Its corporate headquarters is located in Detroit, Michigan. Currently HPM operates in 64 Michigan counties. In 2009, HPM was ranked among the Top 10 Medicaid health plans in the country, according to U.S. News/NCQA's America's Best Health Plans. The company has attained an NCQA rating of "Excellent" which is the highest accreditation rating that can be obtained by a managed care organization. For more information, visit http://www.hpmich.com.
SOURCE Health Plan of Michigan