PUNE, India, June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market Report: 2016 Edition research of 47 pages with 33 Charts and 3 Tables, 4 company profiles to the pharmaceuticals industry segment of its online data and intelligence library, now available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/481194.html.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160606/375644LOGO
Chronic pain is an unpleasant sense of discomfort that persists or progresses over a long period of time. A chronic back pain can be treated through spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapy. It is a process that uses soft thin wires with electrical leads to be placed in the spinal column through needle so as to cure chronic back pain. This process doesn't eliminate the pain; it just interferes with the signals sent to the brain. The SCS surgery is performed in two stages: trial stimulation and permanent implantation.
Spinal cord stimulation therapy is used to reduce the pain signals that are sent to the brain through spinal cord which in return release pain relief chemicals. For this process, a spinal cord stimulator also known as dorsal column stimulator, is surgically placed under the skin to send a mild electrical current to the spinal cord. The process has its advantages and disadvantages.
The spinal cord stimulation (SCS) market is vast and remains relatively untouched with huge potential to treat widespread chronic back pain. The global SCS market is expected to increase in the coming years. The US has the chronic back pain prevalence with maximum number of addressable population and system implants.
The key factors driving the growth in the SCS market includes increasing adult population in the US, increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, innovation of new technologies & therapies, growing cases of obesity, and rise in ageing demographics. However, there are number of factors which are hindering the growth of the SCS market like high cost associated with therapy, tough regulatory approvals, and major reliance on traditional SCS therapy.
Purchase a copy of this Spinal cord stimulation market research report at USD 800 (Single User License) http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=481194.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of the spinal cord stimulation market segmented into global SCS and regional SCS market, covering the US and outside the US market. Competition in this market is rather concentrated with a few medical device companies dominating the market, through innovation. Medical companies that have been covered in the report include Medtronic Plc., Nevro Corporation, Boston Scientific, and St. Jude Medical.
Few Points from Table of Contents provided in Spinal Cord Stimulation Market 2016 Edition:
Table of Contents
1. Market Overview1.1 Introduction1.2 Electrical Stimulation1.3 Spinal Cord Stimulator1.4 Mechanism of SCS1.5 Treatment by SCS1.6 Advantages & Disadvantages1.7 Risks Associated
2. Global Market2.1 Global SCS Market by Value2.2 Global SCS Market by Region2.3 Global SCS Addressable Population2.4 Global SCS System Implants Volume
3. Regional Markets3.1 The US3.1.1 The US Chronic Back Pain Prevalence3.1.2 The US Addressable SCS Population3.1.3 The US SCS Implant Systems Volume3.1.4 The US SCS Treatment by Indication3.1.5 The US SCS Market by Value3.2 Outside the US3.2.1 Addressable SCS Population outside the US3.2.2 SCS Implant Systems Volume outside the US3.2.3 Rechargeable SCS Market Value outside the US3.2.4 SCS Market Value outside the US
4. Market Dynamics4.1 Growth Drivers4.1.1 Increasing Adult Population in the US4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries4.1.3 Innovation of New Technologies & Therapies4.1.4 Rising Global Healthcare Expenditure4.1.5 Growing Cases of Obesity4.1.6 Rise in Ageing Demographics4.2 Trends4.2.1 Aspects of Choosing SCS Devices in the US4.2.2 Increasing Trial Units for SCS Placements in the US4.2.3 Advancements in Spine Therapies4.2.4 Rising Mergers & Acquisitions in SCS Market4.3 Challenges4.3.1 Reliance on Traditional SCS Therapy4.3.2 Tough Regulatory Approvals4.3.3 High Costs Associated with Therapy
5. Competitive LandscapeExplore more pharmaceuticals market research as well as other newly published reports by Koncept Analytics at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/publisher/koncept-analytics-market-research.html.
About Us:MarketReportsOnline comprises of an online library of 2,50,000 reports and in-depth market research studies of over 5000+ micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Media Contact: Ritesh Tiwari, Market Reports Online, + 1 888 391 5441, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Market Reports Online
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!