Genesis Biopharma Forms Scientific and Medical Advisory Board
LOS ANGELES, May 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Genesis Biopharma, Inc. (OTC/BB: GNBP), a biotechnology company developing targeted cancer therapies, announces the formation of a Scientific and Medical Advisory Board.
"We are very fortunate to have some of the nation's leading oncologists and cancer researchers providing insight and expertise to Genesis Biopharma," said Anthony J. Cataldo, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This new advisory board will play a critical role in guiding the development and eventual commercialization of our planned Adoptive Cell Therapy program. We expect to add to our Scientific and Medical Advisory Board in the coming weeks as we move forward with our strategic development plan."
The initial members of the Genesis Biopharma Scientific and Medical Advisory Board are:
- Cassian Yee, M.D.; Dr. Yee is a leading researcher in the immunology program at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is a Professor of Oncology at the University of Washington School of Medicine.
- James Mule, Ph.D.; Dr. Mule is the Executive Vice President and Associate Center Director for Translational Research at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. He also holds the Center's Michael McGillicuddy Endowed Chair for Melanoma Research and Treatment, and is the Director of Cell-Based Therapies.
- Jeffrey Weber, M.D., Ph.D.; Dr. Weber is the Director of the Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute.
- David DiGiusto, Ph.D.; Dr. DiGiusto is Director of the Analytical Cytometry Core Facility, and a Professor of Cancer Immunotherapeutics & Tumor Immunology at the City of Hope.
- Daniel Powell, Ph.D.; Dr. Powell is an Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He is also Assistant Director of the School's Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility, and Director of the Cellular Therapy Tissue Facility.
About Genesis Biopharma, Inc.
Genesis Biopharma, Inc. is a development-stage biotechnology company engaged in the development of targeted cancer therapies. For more information about the company, visit www.genesis-biopharma.com.
The foregoing press announcement contains forward-looking statements that can be identified by such terminology as "expect," "potential," "suggests," "bodes," "may," "should," "could" or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. In particular, management's expectations regarding future research, development and/or commercial results could be affected by, among other things, uncertainties relating to clinical trials and product development; availability of future financing; unexpected regulatory delays or government regulation generally; the company's ability to obtain or maintain patent and other proprietary intellectual property protection; and competition in general. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. The company does not undertake to update forward-looking statements to reflect circumstances or events that occur after the date the forward-looking statements are made.
SOURCE Genesis Biopharma, Inc.