PINEHURST, N.C., Aug. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®, an effective non-pharmaceuticalanti-inflammatory device (NPAID®) that works as a PEMF therapy for animals. The Loop helps heal wounds and relieve pain in cats, dogs, and horses.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160804/395724LOGO
The "dog" days
1. Dogs need sun protection too! When the thermometer heats up and we reach for the sunscreen, it is important to realize that dogs need protection too—even though they have fur. Make sure to apply pet-friendly sunblock to their sensitive areas, like the tip of their nose, ears, and belly in addition to any areas where their fur is thinner.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Make sure your dog always has fresh water. If you are taking a walk or a trip, bring a bottle of water with you to fill a travel water bowl. You can also make note of any sources of water on you and your dog's regular outings.
3. Avoid high heat and humidity. Just like doctors advise us to stay out of the sun during peak times, the same applies to dogs. Not only does your dog have an increased risk of suffering heat stroke, he or she can also get a sunburn leading to skin cancer. Plus, dogs with shorter noses cannot pant as efficiently in this type of weather because their nostrils and windpipes are narrower.
4. Be aware of heatstroke signs. Since dogs are not capable of sweating, it is important to be on the lookout for the following symptoms of heatstroke: panting, drooling, wobbly legs, dry or thick red gums, vomiting, fever and collapse. If your dog exhibits any of these signs, immediately wet him/her down with regular cool water (NOT COLD) and transport to the vet, calling ahead to say you are on your way.
5. Keep them cool. Make sure your dog has several ways to cool off. Have plenty of fresh water available, cooled off with ice cubes on really hot days. Leave a fan on for him or her. And, surprisingly, keep your dog's hair long, not short. This will regulate his or her body temperature and provide better circulation.
Assisi Animal Health's clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care® — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 8668307342, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Boosting metabolism is what you might need to pump your weight loss regime. Slow body metabolism ...
Telemedicine is a rapidly growing field aimed at providing health and clinical services remotely ...
Turmeric is an age-old herb which has medicinal properties. Turmeric added to milk offers a wide ...View All