Fitness, Education & Sports Tradeshow Coming to Washington DC Area
SILVER SPRING, Md., May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AFIRM - www.afirmshowcase.org - the Association of Fitness Industry Retailers & Manufacturers announced today its educational seminar schedule for the second AFIRM Showcase Tour event. The lineup of topics and speakers shows strong additions as AFIRM reaches out to the widely varied customer bases of its member/ exhibitors.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fitness-education--sports-tradeshow-coming-to-washington-dc-area-122517224.html
The event is June 6-7 at the Marriott Inn & Conference Center, adjacent to the University of Maryland campus, in Hyattsville, MD. Over 35 seminars, expert panel discussions, and over 50 presenters cover a wide range of relevant business topics for all types of athletic, fitness, wellness facilities and personnel such as:
- GSA, with speakers from on-site management and governmental agencies;
- PE, Coaches, and Athletic Directors for middle school through university level
- Military, highlighted by base personnel, MWR, and management companies;
- Retailers, including a focus on specialty retail;
- Wellness, emphasizing corporate HR, medical wellness, and on-site facilities;
- Personal Training 6 CEU credit program and more.
Many seminars topically cross-pollinate facility types and job titles:
- Technology is covered from several perspectives including social media
- Nutrition is featured multiple times
- Active aging is addressed from a variety of views
The full agenda, including topics and speakers can be seen on www.afirmshowcase.org.
This is the second AFIRM Fitness Showcase Tour which made its successful debut in Atlanta in February. Already many industry leaders have signed such as ACE, Cybex, FMI, Life Fitness, Mad Dogg, Polar, SFIC, SPRI, Technogym, and Twin Oaks.
AFIRM, created in 2009 by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA), addresses fitness industry issues, helps raise revenue and reduce expenses on behalf of its members, lobbies Congress for pro-fitness legislation, and develops appropriate research.
Admission is only $49 for each facility with unlimited attendees and $29 for individuals and a free guest. Free food & drink at two receptions will be served.
To register or get more agenda information go to www.afirmshowcase.org. A video can be viewed as well at www.youtube.com/familyfitnessmedia.
Registration & Information Page
Virtual Press Office Link
Contact: John Preski904.email@example.com