- Coadministration of EDURANT™ with the following drugs is contraindicated because significant decreases in rilpivirine plasma concentrations may occur due to CYP3A enzyme induction or gastric pH increase, which may result in loss of virologic response and possible resistance and cross-resistance: carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifabutin, rifampin, rifapentine, proton pump inhibitors such as esomeprazole, lansoprozole, omeprazole, pantoprozole, and rabeprozole, systemic dexamethasone, and products containing St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum). EDURANT should be used with caution when co administered with drugs that may reduce the exposure of rilpivirine
- EDURANT™ should be used with caution when coadministered with drugs that may reduce the exposure of rilpivirine a drug with a known risk of Torsade de Pointes
- EDURANT™ should not be used in combination with NNRTIs
This is not a complete list of potential drug interactions.
Please see full Prescribing Information for more details.
Warnings and Precautions
- Depressive Disorders: Severe depressive disorders, defined as depressed mood, depression, dysphoria, major depression, mood altered, negative thoughts, suicide attempt, and suicidal ideation, have been reported with EDURANT™. Immediate medical evaluation is recommended for severe depressive symptoms
- Fat Redistribution: Redistribution and/or accumulation of body fat have been observed in patients receiving antiretroviral (ARV) therapy. The causal relationship, mechanism, and long-term consequences of these events have not been established
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome has been reported in patients treated with combination ARV therapy, including EDURANT™