Dental Practice Management: How to Reduce Broken Appointments by 25-50%
MORRISVILLE, Pa., May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Downtime caused by patient no-shows and cancellations is the biggest source of lost revenue for many general dentists. "A dentist's treatment schedule translates to revenues and production only if patients come in," said Peter Gopal, President of Visionary Management (http://www.visionary-management.com).
Visionary Management is offering a 1-hour webinar which will teach doctors and front desk staff a proven 8-step process that can reduce no-shows and cancellations by up to 50 percent. The webinar is complimentary and is scheduled for Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10 a.m. Eastern.
To register for the webinar, click here or go to: http://ow.ly/4VEdw
"If a practice learns to save 1 to 2 appointments a day, either on the doctor's schedule or patient's schedule, the gain in revenue could range from $150 to $700 per day, or $30,000 to $140,000 over the course of a year with 200 working days," said Gopal. "And this is just for a solo dental practitioner with one full-time hygienist. The figures multiply for a practice with more than one hygienist or for a multi-doctor office."
It's impossible to completely eliminate appointment cancels, because some patients do have legitimate reasons for canceling. However, there are several proactive steps you can take - starting right now - to significantly reduce the number of broken appointments you experience.
During this one-hour training webinar, participants will discover practical steps to immediately reduce appointment cancellations. Attendees will learn:
- The 7 most common reasons patients cancel and which ones you can eliminate.
- A simple technique borrowed from journalists that can help patients understand the need for treatment - and make them more likely to show up.
- 5 easy-to-use tools that effortlessly eliminate sales resistance (these are ideal if your staff dislikes "selling").
- The hands-down most important thing you must do before you book an appointment.
- The 3 reasons patients hesitate to proceed with treatment plans and how to keep the process moving.
- 4 essential rules for handling the 30 percent of problem patients who cause 80 percent of your no-show, broken appointment, and non-payment issues.
- New patients are vital to grow your practice - but they also present a higher risk of cancellations and no-shows. Discover the best time to book new patients to counteract this trend.
- Why emergency patients present a special broken appointment risk - and what you must get from them to prevent a no-show.
- Essential rules that your staff must follow to properly manage your schedule.
- How VIPs can help you fill last-minute openings on your schedule.
- Why double-booking is a disaster for a dental practice and the best way to determine in advance if an individual is likely to be a no-show.
You'll also have the chance to ask your number 1 question about reducing broken appointments.
To register for the webinar, go to: http://ow.ly/4VEdw
Attendance in this educational webinar is complimentary. However, capacity is limited and spaces are being reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your place now.
About Visionary Management
Founded in 2007, Visionary Management is run by Peter Gopal, Ph.D., and Hema Gopal, MBA, DMD. Peter is a graduate of the Wharton Management Program. Having run a thriving dental practice since 1999, they bring hand-on experience to the table. Their articles on the subject of practice management are featured in national publications such as Academy of General Dentistry Impact magazine and Inside Dentistry. Both Peter and Hema have worked previously at Fortune 500 firms.
Peter Gopal, Ph.D.PresidentVisionary Management Inc.215 295 email@example.com
SOURCE Visionary Management, Inc.