SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cochlear implants market is expected to reach
a value of USD 3.1 billion
by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The cochlear implants market is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period, which can be attributed to a favorable
reimbursement scenario, rising awareness about hearing aids, and increasing adoption of implants.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150105/723757 )
Furthermore, technological advancements in cochlear implants to make the device more efficient and user-friendly can boost the demand, which is expected to propel the industry during the forecast period. For instance, in September 2016, Cochlear Ltd. launched the world's thinnest full-length perimodiolar electrode for their cochlear implant. The thin structure of the implant electrode helps to protect the delicate structures of the inner ear.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Cochlear Implants Market Analysis By Type of Fitting (Unilateral Implantation, Bilateral Implantation), By End-Users (Adults, Pediatrics), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Unilateral implantation dominated the industry in 2015.This can be attributed to its low cost as compared to bilateral implantation and high demand from adults due to its cost-effectiveness.
- Bilateral implantation is the most lucrative segment of the industry. Increasing demand, ability to recognize the speech in noise, and good reimbursement are the key factors expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- By end-users, the adults segment dominated the market in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, due to the presence of a large patient base and growing geriatric population.
- Pediatrics segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. Increasing implantation at an early age, implementation of several programs & government support to provide cochlear implant to children as early as possible, and good reimbursement are the key factors expected to propel the market.
- Geographically, Europe dominated the industry in 2015 and is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the conducive health infrastructure of the European Union, which allows implantation at an early age.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to observe the fastest growth over the coming years. This can be attributed to growing awareness in the region and local presence of market players.
- Several players operate in the industry. However, majority of the share belonged to the top two to three players who dominated in the industry in 2015.
- Some of the key players are Cochlear Ltd., MED-EL, Sonova, Gaes Group, William Demant Holding A/S, and Nurotron Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Transfection Technologies Market -
- Medical Power Supply Market -
- Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM) Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/blood-glucose-monitoring-bgm-devices-market
- Renal Denervation Devices Market -
Grand View Research has segmented the cochlear implants market by type of fitting, end-users, and region:
- Cochlear Implants Type of Fitting Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Unilateral Implantation
- Bilateral Implantation
- Cochlear Implants End-Users Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cochlear Implants Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Read Our Blog:
Cochlear Implants Market: Technological Advancements and Growing Awareness to Boost the Market by 2025
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.