The recruitment of patients for clinical trials is an essential part of the complex and inherently risky R&D process for pharmaceuticals. Operationally patient recruitment involves targeting the right patients with the right messages and retaining enrolled patients with effective ‘customer service’. However patient recruitment also impacts on crucial strategic objectives involving the planning of trial protocols and the management of risk. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=132644&rt=Clinical-Trial-Recruitment-Strategies-Optimizing-patient-recruitment-and-retention-in-late-stage-clinical-trials.html )
One of most significant challenges associated with clinical trial recruitment is managing the relationships between the different partners who each play an essential role in recruiting and retaining patients. It is not unusual for late stage clinical trial recruitment to involve a partnership between the trial sponsor a dedicated contract research organization a patient recruitment agency a communications agency and clinical investigators at the trial sites themselves. A significant amount of planning and coordination is required to bring each party together and deliver on their respective objectives.
As a result of the critical importance of patient recruitment and the inherent complexity of dealing with agency and clinical partners as well as managing the expectations of patients it has become a distinct area of potential competitive advantage. In the same way that alliance management or sales force deployment have helped some companies to develop competitive advantages those companies best able to deliver on their patient recruitment and retention objectives will enjoy a comparative advantage in late stage clinical trial delivery completing trials with greater levels of cost-efficiency timeliness and success.
Key features of this report
• Evaluation of patient recruitment: a detailed analysis as to the important role played by patient recruitment within the broader clinical trial program and beyond
• Contextual trend analysis: a comprehensive trend analysis setting the context for patient recruitment efforts across the varying parameters associated with clinical trials
• Key performance benchmarks: a detailed set of patient recruitment benchmark targets based on the most up to date clinical trial data available
Scope of this report
• Understand and communicate the full value of effective patient recruitment as an essential part of the wider clinical trial function
• Establish a contextual framework for patient recruitment planning and program management based on the latest trends in trial design and patient recruitment performance
• Set useful performance benchmarks to guide recruitment efforts and identify the key drivers of benchmarked success in order to keep recruitment projects on track
Key questions answered
• How important is patient recruitment within the context of the clinical trial process and its role in the overall success in the pharmaceutical industry?
• What are the key trends in the number length completion failure rate and size of clinical trials and how do these trends impact on patient recruitment?
• What are the key benchmarks tracking the performance of recently completed trials by length of recruitment and any subequent delay?
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=132644&rt=Clinical-Trial-Recruitment-Strategies-Optimizing-patient-recruitment-and-retention-in-late-stage-clinical-trials.html
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook
Please visit our blog at http://bharatbookseo.blogsome.com