Chicago-Based Health Directions Announces New Austin Office to Serve Texas Market
AUSTIN, Texas, May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Health Directions, a leading, national healthcare consulting firm, announced today that it is opening an office in Austin to serve its Texas clients, including several hospitals and independent medical physician practices. Health Directions, headquartered in Chicago, attributes its growing client base to dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape, many the result of national healthcare reform, including an emphasis on:
- Lowering costs (Physician Practice Management)
- Automation (Electronic Health technology)
- Payment reform (Revenue Cycle Management)
- Increased quality (Meaningful Use Requirements)
- Clinical outcomes (Accountable Care Organizations)
- Increased privacy (HIPAA and Patient Privacy)
"We are thrilled to broaden and deepen our presence in Texas with our new Austin office," said Dan Marino, President and CEO, Health Directions. "We believe our consulting solutions position us very well to support hospitals and physicians as they embark on new patient care delivery models. As hospitals and physicians try to find ways to reduce costs, we believe an Austin-based Health Directions office allows us to provide cost effective, high quality consulting services to our Texas clients."
The Vice President of Health Directions' new Austin office is Sabrina Burnett. With more than sixteen years of healthcare experience, Sabrina is a proven leader in health management processes and solutions-based planning and execution. Her experience includes pay or contract negotiations, credentialing, marketing, referral development and strategic planning for a broad spectrum of healthcare providers.
Health Directions key areas of expertise include:
- Electronic Health Record selection and implementation
- Revenue cycle management
- Hospital/physician alignment strategies
- Physician employment and compensation planning
- Physician practice management
- Referral development and strategic planning for a broad spectrum of healthcare providers
- Managed care contracting
- Federal and commercial credentialing
About Health Directions
Founded in 1985, Health Directions is a national healthcare consulting firm focused on improving the financial, operational and strategic performance of physician practices and their affiliated hospital partners. Health Directions works with medical groups and hospitals to increase their net revenue, enhance physician satisfaction, take full advantage of Health IT and strengthen their strategic position. Founded in 1987, it has grown to become a leading provider of high-value guidance to medical groups and hospitals. For more information, visit www.healthdirections.com.
SOURCE Health Directions