CareFusion Announces 5-Year, Sole Source Pyxis(R) Perioperative Solutions Agreement With CHRISTUS Health
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CareFusion (NYSE: CFN), a leading, global medical device company, announced today that it has entered into a 5-year sole source agreement with Dallas-based CHRISTUS Health, one of the top ten Catholic health systems in the U.S., to upgrade their existing Pyxis® supply point-of-use inventory management systems while expanding further into the operating rooms and cath labs.
CareFusion's Pyxis® Perioperative Solutions provide a measurable return on investment and integrate with health care information systems to improve financial performance, streamline workflow, facilitate regulatory compliance and enhance data analysis.
"Following a rigorous comparison of all of the systems available, we selected CareFusion because of their expansive line of Pyxis® Perioperative Solutions, their focus on innovation and their commitment to customer service," said Steve Pitzer, system director, supply chain at CHRISTUS Health. "Their solutions provide fully automated inventory management and charge capture at the point-of-use which then allows our clinical staff additional time to focus on patient care and improve clinical outcomes."
The agreement includes upgrading current units to version 9.0 including:
- Pyxis SupplyStation® system and Pyxis ProcedureStation™ system, which provide easy access to needed supplies on nursing floors and throughout the health care facility.
- Pyxis® JITrBUD system, the wireless inventory management system that attaches directly to existing storage systems and interfaces with the Pyxis SupplyStation and ProcedureStation system to electronically document dispensed supplies.
- Pyxis® CathRack, which manages supplies used in cardiac catheterization and interventional radiology labs, such as pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, stents, vascular grafts, catheters and guide wires.
- Pyxis ProcedureStation™ system with Tissue and Implant module, which creates an electronic chain-of-custody record starting at the initial point of tissue package receipt through patient implantation or disposal.
- Pyxis ProcedureStation™ RFID system, which helps hospitals manage high-value stents to increase efficiency, simplify item tracking while improving data capture and billing accuracy.
- Pyxis ProcedureStation™ system with ORIS Integration, first-to-market technology that merges point-of-use Pyxis supply technologies with operating room information systems.
- Analytics tools, which provide direct access to transactional data generated by Pyxis supply technologies for improved inventory management and supply chain decision making.
"Data is generated in hospitals during every minute of every day," said Tom Leonard, president of dispensing technologies for CareFusion. "Our perioperative analytics tools turn this raw information into actionable intelligence, providing our customers with unparalleled visibility into how their facilities are performing and pinpointing potential areas for improvement. We know CHRISTUS Health will be pleased with their upgrade to Pyxis supply technologies version 9.0."
CareFusion products, such as those being updated by CHRISTUS Health, help reduce error and increase accountability -- facilitating compliance with Joint Commission and regulatory requirements.
About CareFusion Corporation
CareFusion (NYSE: CFN) is a global corporation serving the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care. The company develops market-leading technologies including Alaris® IV pumps, Pyxis® automated dispensing and patient identification systems, AVEA® and Pulmonetic Systems ventilation and respiratory products, ChloraPrep® products, MedMined™ services for infection surveillance, NeuroCare neurological monitoring and diagnostic products, V. Mueller® surgical instruments, and an extensive line of products that support interventional medicine. CareFusion employs more than 15,000 people across its global operations. More information may be found at www.carefusion.com and www.carefusion.com/OR.
About CHRISTUS Health
CHRISTUS Health, an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system, is headquartered in Dallas and is comprised of almost 350 services and facilities, including more than 50 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 175 clinics and outpatient centers and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS services can be found in over 60 cities in Texas, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Georgia, Utah and Mexico. The system employs approximately 30,000 Associates and has over 10,000 physicians on facility medical staffs who provide care and support for patients.