Botox Cosmetic Gets a New Wrinkle; Crutchfield Dermatology of Eagan, Minnesota Performs the First Dysport(TM) (aboBotulinum-A) Treatment in the United States
EAGAN, Minn., Oct. 26 -- The story: Dysport™, a new wrinkle fighter, is now available in the United States. Dysport™ is a Botulinum-A enzyme like Botox Cosmetic. Dysport™ is positioned as the new arch-nemesis and first direct competitor of Botox Cosmetic in the United States. Dysport™ has been used in New Zealand for over a decade with excellent results. Dysport™ recently received U.S. FDA approval. Crutchfield Dermatology, of Eagan, Minnesota, performed the first (non-study related) treatment of Dysport™ in the United States on June 16, 2009.
Who: Charles E. Crutchfield III, MD, is one of the nation's leading experts on cosmetic skin care. Dr. Crutchfield is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Medical School and graduate of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. As a board-certified clinical dermatologist, author, national speaker and media participant, and award-winning educator, Dr. Crutchfield teaches dermatologists in training and other physicians how to successfully treat all skin conditions. In fact, many physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers send their family members to Dr. Crutchfield for cosmetic and other skin care concerns.
Facts and Figures:
- There have been over 15 million Botox Cosmetic Treatments performed in the United states since 2005.
- Botox Cosmetic has dominated the U.S. prescription anti-wrinkle cosmetic medical market for over 10 years and Dysport™ is now a bona fide competitor.
- Dysport™ is manufactured by Ipsen of Europe and is distributed in the United States by Medicis Aesthetics.
- Americans spent just under $12.5 billion on cosmetic products last year.
- It is important to be honest with yourself. Make sure that you are having a procedure in order to please yourself and not someone else.
- Do your research thoroughly. Speak to other people to find out who the best physicians in the area are and/or who have other procedures at the office. Get varying opinions and also check the physician's credentials (board certification and experience).
- Review all possible risks and benefits of any cosmetic procedure before having it performed.
- Have realistic expectations. Cosmetic treatments will not get you a better job, a new partner, or make you more popular. Are you prepared if something goes wrong? It is not about looking perfect or 21 forever, it is about looking your personal best at any age.
Visuals: Dr. Crutchfield has before and after photographs of patients he has treated with Botulinum-A. These can be viewed at http://www.CrutchfieldDermatology.com. He also has several patients who have undergone Dysport™ Treatments, who would be willing to talk about their experience and results. For more information, contact Kellee S. at 651-209-3628.
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Crutchfield Dermatology