PINEHURST, N.C., July 29, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®, an effective non-pharmaceuticalanti-inflammatory device (NPAID®) that works as a PEMF therapy for animals. The Loop helps heal wounds and relieve pain in cats, dogs, and horses.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160713/389361
During the summer months
1. Remove pets from the area of the snake and call a veterinarian so they can prepare treatments. Keep pets calm to avoid the spread of venom and contact a veterinarian. Pets will be frightened and in pain, so use caution. The painful bite may cause pets to snap or bite when being handled. When getting the affected pet in the car, try wrapping him or her in a thick comforter to calm them and keep them warm. This will also help immobilize the affected area. Cats should be transported in a cat carrier or box if possible.
2. Avoid steps that will worsen the situation. Do not compress area of the bite, or apply ice. Do not make any incisions or attempt to suck the venom out. These actions cause more harm than good. If possible, try to flush the wound with cool – not cold – water. Avoid going near the snake, but take notice of its appearance so you are able to inform the veterinarian.
3. Hydrate. Encourage pets to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated while seeking medical attention.
4. Treat the wound. Veterinary treatments may include pain medication, intravenous fluids, anti-histamines, steroids, antibiotics, and antivenom. Pets bitten by snakes should be observed for a minimum of 12 hours, even when no clinical signs are present. If clinical signs are present, the length of observation should be increased to 48-72 hours.
5. After care. Continued treatment for, pain, swelling, and wound healing, are recommended. The Assisi Loop is a safe and effective treatment for all of the aforementioned conditions associated with snake bites. The Loop can be used in a veterinary office or at home. It delivers targeted electromagnetic pulse therapy directly to the wound site and is a highly effective method of continued care for healing.
Assisi Animal Health's clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care® — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 8668307342, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Spermatocele is a condition in which there is a blockage in the epididymal duct, resulting in semen ...
Be a blood donor and save lives for your donated blood is separated into blood products or just ...
Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible age-related brain disorder that destroys the memory ...View All