PINEHURST, N.C., Oct. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®--an effective non-pharmaceutical
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161025/432149
1. Chocolate. Chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures in pets. Additionally, raisins in chocolate-covered raisins can result in kidney failure. Keep chocolate and chocolate-covered raisins out of your pet's mouth. If it ingests any of these candies, take it to the vet immediately.
2. High-sugar candy. Halloween's favorite candy corn and other candies made with pure sugar can cause your pet to suffer from severe gas pain and/or diarrhea. Make sure your pet avoids these people treats.
3. Candy with wrappers. Unlike people, who will unwrap their candy before they eat it, pets don't have that same sensibility. Foil and plastic wrappers can not only cause an intestinal obstruction, they can irritate the lining of your pet's GI tract.
4. Bite-size hard candy. These types of candies are a choking hazard to your pets. Because they become slippery when mixed with your pet's saliva, hard candy can be inhaled into the wind pipe and cause a pet to choke. Do not let your pet anywhere near these candies.
5. Sugar-free gum. While gum containing sugar substitute Xylitol is healthier for humans, it can be deadly if your pet ingests it. It causes a severe drop in blood sugar only minutes after ingestion. Signs of Xylitol ingestion include lethargy, inability to walk, and seizures. Take your pet to the vet immediately if you notice these signs. Long-term effects from ingestion include liver damage and liver failure, which can be fatal.
Assisi Animal Health's clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care®—the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 866-830-7342, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Breathing in unclean air due to increasing air pollution could cause kidney damage with resultant ...
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate is a noncancerous condition observed in men above ...
Urinary retention is a condition where a person is unable to voluntarily empty the urinary bladder ...View All