Assisi Animal Health Lists 5 Ways To Treat Dogs Without Surgery
PINEHURST, N.C., April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®, an effective non-pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory device (NPAID®) that works as a PEMF treatment for dogs. The Loop helps heal wounds and relieve pain in cats, dogs, and horses.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160415/355998LOGO
Surgery may not be the most viable option for an injured dog for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, there are several other treatment avenues to choose from. Assisi Animal Health lists five substitutes for surgery when treating your dog:
1. Medication. Consult with your veterinarian to explore medications with the greatest potential for alleviating your dog's condition. Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are a common option, but there may be more targeted medications available that cater to specific injuries or diseases.
2. Nutrition. A change in diet can help to maintain weight and ensure your dog receives the proper nutrients necessary for promoting optimal health. This method has been proven to be successful in relieving stomach issues, joint pain, and inflammation.
3. Homeopathic supplements. Use of homeopathic remedies is on the rise. Iron, zinc, and sulfur promote collagen production, fish oil and willow bark reduce inflammation, and bioflavonoids (found in fruits and vegetables) contain antioxidants that boost the immune system.
4. Alternative therapies. Physical therapy, which manually manipulates limbs to strengthen muscles, is another available treatment option for dogs. Laser, water, chiropractic, and acupuncture therapy are some of the most common forms of alternative therapy. One of the most successful ways to combat pain or inflammation is via targeted pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (tPEMF), done with the use of devices like the Assisi Loop®.
5. Restricted activity. Providing a safe, comfortable space for your dog to relax and encourage healing should be combined with all therapy methods in order to best promote healing. If your dog must exercise, go for short, slow walks, and prohibit running, stair climbing, or jumping.
Assisi Animal Health's clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care® — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
The Assisi Loop. Proven Science. Positive Results. ®
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 866-830-7342, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health