Assisi Animal Health Lists 5 Warning Signs And Symptoms Of IVDD In Dogs
PINEHURST, N.C., April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Assisi Animal Health developed the Assisi Loop®, an effective non-pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory device (NPAID®) that works as an electromagnetic treatment for canines. The Loop helps heal wounds and relieve pain in cats, dogs, and horses.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160426/360262
Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD), a degeneration of the cushioning cartilage discs in the spine, affects dogs of both small and large breeds and can result in painful bulging or ruptured discs. As an owner, it is important to know the signs of this condition in order to treat your dog is as early as possible. Assisi Animal Health lists five symptoms of IVDD to jumpstart the treatment process and get your pup on the path to being pain-free:
1. Neck sensitivity and stiffness. A prominent symptom of IVDD is a negative reaction to neck movement, including difficulty shaking his or her head and scratching the ears.
2. Dragging limbs. If your dog drags his or her legs across the floor rather than putting weight on them, this may indicate an injury to the discs or spinal cord.
3. Difficulty walking or jumping. Take note of how your pup moves. Watch to see if he or she struggles to get up onto the couch, climb stairs, or is visibly in pain while moving.
4. Trouble urinating or defecating. Pressure from deteriorating discs may cause stress on the bladder and bowels, ultimately making it difficult to go to the bathroom. If untreated, IVDD may result in your dog's total loss of control of these functions.
5. Hunched back. An arched back is caused by muscle tension and is a sign of the extreme pain from slipped or injured discs.
Fortunately, there are ways to relieve discomfort stemming from intervertebral disc disease. Whether you are interested in pursuing medications or holistic therapies like the Assisi Loop®, contact your veterinarian to decide which option is most appropriate for your pet.
Assisi Animal Health's clinical solutions complete the Circle of Care® — the collaboration of veterinarians and owners in animal health and healing. Our company helps veterinary professionals and owners improve the quality of life for companion animals using the Assisi Loop, the non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical healing device that is based on the same FDA-cleared technology used on humans. The device uses low-level pulses of electromagnetic energy to reduce pain and swelling, and to enhance recovery.
The Assisi Loop. Proven Science. Positive Results. ®
Media Contact: Kaysie Dannemiller, Assisi Animal Health, 866-830-7342, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Assisi Animal Health