Antiviral Drugs Market Worth $69.2 Billion By 2025 | Growth Rate: 4.0%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global antiviral drugs market is expected to reach a value of USD 69.2 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. According to the WHO, cases of viral infections increase by more than 1 million each year with around 357 million patients already suffering from one of the four Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), such as Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150105/723757 )
Introduction of efficient antiviral drugs with benefits such as rapid action, increased sensitivity, and lower adverse effects is expected to serve this market as a high-impact rendering driver over the forecast period. For instance, Gilead Sciences introduced an FDA-approved drug-Genvoya-in 2016 for treatment of AIDS patients who have previously faced adverse effects, such as bone loss and kidney dysfunction.
Low levels of hygiene, growing geriatric population, and increasing awareness through government campaigns are other drivers resulting in high acceptance of antiviral drugs in developing countries.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Antiviral Drugs Market Analysis By Mechanism of Action (Nucleotide Polymerase Inhibitor, Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor, Protease Inhibitor), By Application ((HIV, Hepatitis, HSV, Influenza), By Type (Generic, Branded)), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antiviral-drugs-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitors held the largest share by mechanism of action owing to availability of wide range of product portfolio and presence of new molecules in clinical trials
- Nucleotide inhibitors are estimated to grow at lucrative rate due to introduction of blockbuster molecules for treatment of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) infections
- Generic drugs are anticipated to witness significant CAGR of over 7.0% over the forecast period as result of patent expiry of blockbuster drugs used for treatment of HIV and HCV
- Branded drugs will hold dominant position in 2025 by drug type due to brand loyalty of healthcare professions despite patent expiration and high price associated with these molecules
- HIV/AIDS held the dominant share in 2015. High prevalence of HIV infections and presence of favorable government initiatives for curbing them are key factors for high revenue of this segment
- Hepatitis on the other hand is anticipated to witness flourishing growth over the forecast period owing to introduction of new molecules and approval of novel combination treatments
- North America was the dominant regional market in 2015. High market share is associated with established R&D infrastructure and growing drug development initiatives
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to exhibit fastest regional growth. Local presence of key generic players and growing healthcare infrastructure in this region are key factors for growth
- Some of the key players of this market include Gilead Sciences; F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG; GlaxoSmithKline; Bristol-Myers-Squibb; AbbVie; Johnson & Johnson; and Merck & Co. Other generic players in this market are Aurobindo Pharma, Cipla, and Dr Reddy's
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Aquaculture Therapeutics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aquaculture-therapeutics-market
- Cell Harvesting Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-harvesting-systems-market
- Chemotherapy Induced Anemia Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/chemotherapy-induced-anemia-market
- Anti-Osteoporosis Therapy And Fracture Healing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anti-osteoporosis-therapy-fracture-healing-market
Grand View Research has segmented the antiviral drugs market based on mechanism of action, type, application, and region:
- Antiviral Drugs Mechanism of Action Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 - 2025)
- Nucleotide Polymerase Inhibitors
- Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Protease Inhibitors
- Antiviral Drugs Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 - 2025)
- Antiviral Drugs Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 - 2025)
- Herpes Simplex Virus
- Antiviral Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog: Antiviral Drugs Market: Urgent need for development of antiviral drugs with improved efficacy
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Contact: Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc Phone: 1-415-349-0058 Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.