Amilpar - Consolidated Revenues Grow 16% and EBITDA Increases 32% in 1Q11
RIO DE JANEIRO, May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Amil Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBovespa: AMIL3; Bloomberg: AMIL3 BZ; Reuters: AMIL3.SA), the largest healthcare operator in Brazil, announces today its consolidated results for March 31, 2011, in accordance with Brazilian corporate law and the ANS account chart. Since 2010, Amilpar's consolidated financial statements include the new accounting rules aligning Brazilian corporate law with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE QUARTER
- Total MEMBERSHIP stood at 5,502.1 thousand at the end of March 2011, 7.6% up on 1Q10 and 3.6% higher than in 4Q10.
- ADJUSTED OPERATING REVENUES totaled R$ 2,152.5 million in 1Q11, 15.9% up year-on-year and 4.6% more than the previous quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$ 227.1 million, a 32.0% improvement over 1Q10, corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 10.6%.
- The 1Q11 MEDICAL LOSS RATIO came to 67.9%, 2.9 p.p. down on 1Q10 and 3.6 p.p. less than the previous three months.
- ADJUSTED NET INCOME totaled R$ 88.9 million, 60.5% up on 4Q10 and 10.4% above the same period of last year.
To access the Earnings Release full version visit our website at www.amilpar.com.br/ir
NEXT EVENTS: CONFERENCE CALLSENGLISH05.11.2011 | 11:00 a.m. Brasilia (10:00 a.m. New York)Phone: +1 (412) 317-6776Code: AmilparWebcast: www.amilpar.com.br/ir
PORTUGUESE05.11.2011 | 2:00 p.m. Brasilia (1:00 p.m. New York)Phone: +55 (11) 2188-0155Code: AmilparWebcast: www.amilpar.com.br/ri
Erwin KleuserInvestor Relations OfficerPhone: +55 (21) email@example.com/ir
Amil Participacoes S.A. is the largest managed care organization in Brazil, according to the ANS, currently assisting over 5.5 million members in the states of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Parana, Minas Gerais, Pernambuco, Bahia and in Distrito Federal.
SOURCE Amil Participacoes S.A.