Medindia

X

Amil Participacoes Acquires Casa de Saude Santa Lucia S.A. in Rio de Janeiro

Saturday, September 20, 2008 General News J E 4
Advertisement
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil, Sept. 19 AMILPARTICIPACOES S.A. (Bovespa: AMIL3) ("Amilpar"), in accordance with CVMInstruction 358, of January 3rd, 2002, communicates the signing, on September18, 2008, of an Acquisition Agreement for 100% of the stocks of Casa de SaudeSanta Lucia S.A ("Santa Lucia") for the total amount of R$ 60 million, to bepaid as follows: R$ 1 million at the signing of the Acquisition Agreement, R$7 million at the closing of the definitive contract, and the remainder in 36consecutive monthly installments, of which the first installment is due 30days after the closing of the definitive contract, adjusted according to theIGP-M / FGV (Indice Geral de Precos do Mercado - general market prices index -calculated by Fundacao Getulio Vargas) variation.

Of the Santa Lucia stocks, 32.76% belongs to various stockholders and areunencumbered ("Participation Rights"). The remaining 67.24% are part of theassets that constitute the estate of GUILHERME RIBEIRO ROMANO ("HereditaryRights"), reason why the "Private Acquisition and Transfer of HereditaryRights and Stocks" was signed with the hereditary stockholders of Santa Lucia.

It is important to note that part of the Santa Lucia assets refers to realestate, appraised at market value at approximately R$ 50 million, of which R$20 million refers to the hospital complex and R$ 30 million to non-operationalreal estate. After the estate probate is concluded, the Amilpar Board ofDirectors will review and evaluate the sale of these non-operational assets atmarket value.

Santa Lucia is located in the South region of Rio de Janeiro city, in ahigh end, high appreciation area. The hospital has 75 beds, of which 16 arefor intensive care. In 2007, its revenues reached R$ 27.8 million and a cashposition of R$ 5 million. Currently, around 15% of Santa Lucia's revenues arerelated to services provided to Amilpar members.

About Amilpar

Amil Participacoes S.A. (Bovespa: AMIL3; Bloomberg: AMIL3 BZ; Reuters:AMIL3.SA) is the largest MCO (managed care organization) in Brazil, servingmore than 3.0 million members in the States of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro,Parana and Distrito Federal.To access the complete version, visit our website: www.amilpar.com.br/ir Erwin Kleuser Investor Relations Officer Phone: +55 (21) 3805-1155 invest@amil.com.br www.amilpar.com.br/ir

SOURCE Amil Participacoes S.A.
Advertisement


Advertisement

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
I agree to the terms and conditions
s
NOVAVAX CEO to Present at 2008 UBS Global Life Sci...
S
Novel Photoconductive Life Science Research Innova...