Alternative EarthCare Shares 5 Things You Can Do To Keep Ticks Out Of Your Yard
EAST HAMPTON, N.Y., May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Alternative EarthCare has been providing quality residential and commercial services across Long Island, New York since 1996. Specializing in mosquito, flea, and east end tick control, traditional lawn services (including aeration and seeding), irrigation system services, tree removal and pruning, and Christmas and holiday light installation, the team of professionals successfully caters to your needs in the least toxic, most organic way possible.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160502/362315LOGO
It's officially tick season, which means it is time to take active measures against these pesky critters. Not only are they unsightly and irksome, but they carry diseases like Lyme disease and Babesiosis. If left untreated, these illnesses attack the immune system and can become serious. Alternative EarthCare shares five things you can do to keep ticks out of your yard:
1. Cut grass short. Ticks thrive in tall grass as they have easier access to the skin of those walking through it. Keep the lawn height short to deter them from attaching to your legs and feet.
2. Remove debris. Brush and leaf litter can easily be raked up and thrown away. Do this regularly to prevent ticks from hiding in their favorite dark, damp spots. Also make sure to keep wood piles elevated so ticks cannot nest there.
3. Use plants that do not attract deer. Deer are the main method of transport for ticks. Check with your local nursery or garden store to find out which plants will deter deer from entering your yard and bringing the ticks with them.
4. Try natural remedies. Ingredients such as garlic, lemons, and neem leaves repel ticks. Look for natural repellent recipes using these ingredients that you can make at home.
5. Call in the professionals. If you want to ensure your yard is properly protected, the best way is to let the professionals handle the job. Schedule a tick spraying treatment as soon as possible to rid your lawn of any existing ticks and prevent any new ones from choosing your property as a breeding ground.
Serving both Suffolk and Nassau County, including the East End and the Hamptons, Alternative EarthCare offers a variety of organic, non-toxic lawn care services for your home or business. In addition to beautifying and maintaining properties, the award-winning staff is also dedicated to the safety and health of their customers.
Media Contact: Morgan Mandriota, fishbat Media, 855-347-4228, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Alternative EarthCare