Alaska Structures 'Energy Efficient' Product Developments
ANCHORAGE, Alaska, May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Alaska Structures, Inc. (AKS) has developed 2 new shelter technologies which dramatically reduce the amount of energy required to heat and cool shelter systems:
- Alaska Solar Fly
- Alaska EnerLayer™
Alaska Solar Fly:
- Proprietary solar shade material
- Tested per MIL-HDBK-310
- Tested in real world conditions with extreme solar load
- Reduces ECU power consumption by up to 17%
- Lightweight, low cube design
- Can be installed in less than 15 minutes
- Available for any Alaska Shelter model
- Made in USA, 100% Berry Amendment compliant
- 35% reduction in heat required to maintain 70 degrees F interior temperature at -25 degrees F ambient temperature
- 22% reduction in A/C required to maintain 70 degrees F interior temperature at +125 degrees F ambient temperature
- 33% reduction in A/C required when used with Alaska Solar Fly
- Saves up to 2,650 gallons of fuel per year (per shelter/5-ton ECU)
About Alaska Structures
Alaska Structures® is the world's leading supplier of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) rapidly deployable fabric shelter systems to the US Department of Defense, NATO forces in Afghanistan and the UK Ministry of Defense. To date, AKS has provided more than 30,000 Alaska Military Shelters and 15,000 Alaska Environmental Control Units in Afghanistan and Iraq.
AKS designs, engineers and delivers the highest quality fabric building systems for extreme environments. Since it was founded in 1975, over 50,000 AKS shelters have been tested and proven in over 50 countries around the world and have been used for nearly every building application in mining, oil and gas, manufacturing facilities, construction housing, military housing and tactical operations centers, medical facilities, disaster relief facilities, aviation hangars, warehouses and maintenance facilities.
For more information about Alaska Structures, visit http://www.alaskastructures.com
Contact:Gerrit BoyleAlaska Structures, Inc.(425) 889-1205 / (888) email@example.com
This press release was issued through eReleases(R). For more information, visit eReleases Press Release Distribution at http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Alaska Structures, Inc.