USMLE Step 1
- The purpose of step : One is to test ones understanding and application on of basic science knowledge.
- It is a one-day computer based test that can be taken at the end of the second year
of medical school.
- It has approximately 350 Multiple - choice test items, divided into 60 minute blocks, administered in one eight hour testing session. Majority of the questions require the examinee to interpret graphic and tabular material,
to identify gross and microscopic pathologic and normal specimens and to solve problems through the application of basic science principles.
- Basic science content is organized according to general principles and individual organ systems,
however categorizations and content coverage are subject to change.
- A learning system that establishes a strong understanding of the concepts and principles of basic sciences is the best preparation for the examination.
For more information on the syllabus click here