This medication is a vitamin, prescribed for Beri Beri, Wenicke-korsakoff syndrome, diabetic neuropathy.
This medication is a dietary supplement, prescribed for calcium deficiency state which may occur in diseases such as decreased levels of parathyroid hormone (acute and chronic), postmenopausal osteoporosis, rickets and osteomalacia (softening of the bones). It is also used as an antacid.
This medication is a nutritional/herbal supplement prescribed for type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and also used as an alternative medicine to lower cholesterol or improve body’s use of glucose.
- Menstrual disorders: Since the drug supports normal growth and shedding of the uterine lining, it is used for treating menstrual disorders like absent or irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, secondary amenorrhea and premenstrual symptoms.
- Prevent miscarriage: Since the drug helps in maintaining integrity of the endometrial lining in a pregnant womb, it is used for preventing habitual and recurrent abortion.
- Endometriosis: Dydrogesterone relieves the pain during menstruation due to endometriosis without inhibiting ovulation.
- Infertility: The drug is used during IVF (in-vitro fertilization) cycle to achieve successful implantation.
- In combination with hormonal replacement therapy (HRT): Dydrogesterone prevents thickening of the uterine lining in the patient taking HRT.
This medication is an anticonvulsant, prescribed for postherpetic neuralgia, and epilepsy.
This medication is an expectorant, prescribed for chest congestion. It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
This medication is a retinoid, prescribed for acne and other skin disorders.
This medication is a selective alpha agonist, used to increase blood pressure and topically as a nasal decongestant. It is also used in the eye to dilate the pupil or to constrict superficial blood vessels in eye allergy.
This medication is an anticonvulsant and neuropathic pain agent, prescribed for partial seizures; management of postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain caused by the varicella zoster virus); management of fibromyalgia (a condition where the patient has muscle and connective tissue pain).
Retinol (Vitamin A)
This medication is an antioxidant, prescribed for Vitamin E deficiency, cystic fibrosis. It is a dietary supplement.
This medication is an emollient & skin protective, prescribed for diaper rash and other minor skin irritations.