How it should be taken
• Acebrophylline is available in the form of a capsule, tablet and syrup.
• This drug should be taken orally with food to avoid gastric discomfort.
Dosage & When it is to be taken
• The recommended dosage for adults in treating COPD and bronchial asthma is 100 mg twice daily.
• Child dosage of acebrophylline syrup (50mg/5ml):
Below 2 years of age : 2.5 ml twice daily
2 - 5 years of age : 2.5ml three times daily
Above 5 years : 5 ml twice daily or as directed by the physician
When it is not to be taken (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients in:
• Allergy to xanthine derivatives and ambroxol
• Low blood pressure or heartattack
or abnormal heart rhythms
• Liver or kidney impairment
Warnings and Precautions
Special precautions should be observed in patients suffering from seizures, cardiac insufficiency and gastro-intestinal disorders.
, a serious allergic reaction, could occur
Caution is advised in patients with hyperthyroidism
, that is, high thyroid hormone levels since it can cause cardiac side effects
• Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from heat and moisture.
• Keep away from the reach of children.