• Central Nervous System:
Headache, dizziness, tingling, lack of energy, sleeplessness, depression.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation
• Miscellaneous: Muscle pain, chest pain, swelling of tissues, skin rash, , protein in urine.
♦• Musculoskeletal: Immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy.
PO- Initial: The recommended dose is 5 to10 mg/day may increase slowly to 20 mg/day if needed. Max: 40 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food./
Contraindicated in patients with liver disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding; hypersensitivity.
• Not to be used in patient with acute, serious condition suggestive of muscular diseases(myopathy) or predisposing to the development of kidney failure secondary to rapid breakdown of skeletal muscle(rhabdomyolysis) e.g. sepsis, hypotension, major surgery, trauma, severe metabolic, endocrine and electrolyte disorders or uncontrolled seizures.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease and alcoholism.
• Discontinue treatment if there is marked or persistent increase in serum aminotransferase concentrations, significant increase in creatinine phosphokinase or evidence of muscular diseases.
• ♦ Monitor liver function regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid changing dosage with out consulting health care providers.
Monitor liver function, kidney function, and cholesterol level in blood regularly.
Store it at room temperature(20-25°C).♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA