• Most Common :
Dizziness, weakness and unsteadiness.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, memory loss, confusion, disorientation, depression, emotional state, suicidal thought/attempt, incoordination, weakness, convulsions/seizures, tremor, fainting, visual disturbances, slurred speech, change in libido, impotence, headache and coma.
• Respiratory : Respiratory depression and worsening of obstructive pulmonary disease.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, change in appetite, constipation and jaundice.
• Hypersensitivity reactions : Shock.
• Skin : Hair loss.
PO- The recommended dose is 2-3 mg/day given in two or three divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with narrow-angle glaucoma and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, seizures, lung, heart or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor liver function and complete blood counts regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.