• Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness, lightheadedness.
• Eye: Visual symptoms, blurring spots or flashes, double vision, photophobia.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain/discomfort, distension, bloating, nausea, vomiting.
♦ • Genitourinary: Multiple pregnancies, abnormal ovarian enlargement, abnormal uterine bleeding; ovarian cyst formation, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome , risk of ovarian tumor.
• Liver: Liver function tests abnormalities.
♦ • Miscellaneous: Breast tenderness and hives.
Oral: 50 mg/day for 5 days starting on the 5th day of menstrual cycle or at any time if there is absence of a menstrual period. It may be increased to 100 mg/day for the 2nd course as early as 30 days after previous therapy if needed. Total max: 6 treatment cycles.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day.
Contraindicated in patients with liver or thyroid disease, brain tumor, pregnant or breast feeding women, or patients with allergy to the drug.
• It may cause, uterine fibroids, blurred vision, dizziness. Do not drive a car or operate machinery, especially in poor lighting, until you know how this medication affects you.
• Polycystic ovaries, evaluate presence of ovarian cyst before each cycle treatment.
Pregnancy with more than 1 fetus (eg, twins) is possible while taking this medication.Consult with your doctor about multiple pregnancy.
Oral: Store at 15-30°C.Store it in room temperature and in airtight container.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA