Slow heart rate, cardiac arrest, abnormal heart rhythm.
• Gastrointestinal: Constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
• Genitourinary: Kidney stone, kidney failure.
• Metabolic: Increased calcium level, muscle weakness, headache, coma.
• Allergic reactions: Itching, rash and hives.
Oral- 1 to 3 chewable tablets containing 500 mg calcium carbonate per day, or as directed by your physician. Maximum dose is 16 tablets/day. For pregnant woman maximum dose is 7 tabs/day.
It comes as a tablet, liquid to take by mouth, after meals. /
Contraindicated to patients with increased calcium level in blood and/or increased calcium in urine, kidney stone, increased level of vitamin D, and phosphate in blood.
• Impaired calcium absorption in achlorhydria, which is common in elderly.
• Increased risk of increased calcium level in blood and/or increased calcium in urine in hypo parathyroid patients receiving high doses of vitamin D.
• Caution needed when using in patients with history of kidney stones, kidney impairment.
• Frequent monitoring of serum calcium and phosphorus is recommended.
Do not take in larger or smaller quantity or for longer than recommended.
Oral: Store below 25°C. Store it at room temperature and in airtight container.