• Most Common :
Nose inflammation, joint pain, diarrhea, pain in extremity, urinary tract infection, indigestion, nausea, muscle and bone pain, muscle spasms, sleeplessness and throat pain.
• Body as a whole : Uneasiness and fever.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal discomfort, eructation, flatulence, liver inflammation and bile obstruction.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle fatigue, neck pain and joint swelling.
• Metabolic : Increase in liver enzymes level, abnormal liver function tests and increased sugar level.
♦ • Central Nervous system : Dizziness, depression, fatigue, peripheral neuropathy and abnormal dreams.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed.
• Skin : Hives.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection.
♦• Musculoskeletal: Immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy (IMNM).
Adult PO- Initial- The recommended dose is 10 mg daily. Maximum: 80 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food./
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver problems, who are taking HIV protease inhibitors, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of low blood pressure, serious infection, seizures, electrolyte problems, liver problems, alcohol abuse, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor blood cholesterol level and liver functions regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA