This medication is a hypnotic and sedative, prescribed for insomnia. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Contraindicated in patients with myasthenia gravis, respiratory failure, severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 7.5 mg/day at bedtime.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of psychiatric disorders, drug abuse, kidney or liver disease, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may get addicted to this drug.
• Central Nervous System :
Irritability, confusion, depressed mood, aggressiveness, incoordination, memory loss, drowsiness and lightheadedness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and bitter taste.
• Heart : Palpitations.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Rash, spots on skin, hives, increased sweating and itching.
• Metabolic : Weight loss.
• Musculoskeletal : Limb heaviness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All