This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, and headache. It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure, heart disease, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose range is 120-480 mg/day in 3-4 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of low blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver problems, muscular dystrophy, neuromuscular disease, cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, complete blood cell counts, electrocardiogram (ECG), and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Most Common :
Constipation, headache, upper respiratory infection, dizziness, fatigue, swelling in the extremities, nausea, elevated liver enzymes, slow heart rate, tingling, flushing and low blood pressure.
• Heart : Chest pain, heart failure, lung swelling, heart attack, palpitations, bruising and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, dry mouth, gastrointestinal distress and gum swelling.
• Blood : Bruising.
• Central Nervous system : Stroke, confusion, sleeplessness, muscle cramps, shakiness and drowsiness.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Skin : Rash, exanthema, hair loss, increased sweating, hives and redness of the skin.
• Eye : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Increased urination, spotty menstruation, impotence and breast enlargement in male.
• Miscellaneous : Allergy aggravation and difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All