This medication is an antiarrhythmic agent, prescribed for abnormal heart rhythm.
Contraindicated in patients with heart block and hypersensitivity.
PO- Adult- The recommended initial dosage is 400 mg every 8 hours.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver or kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Tiredness, drowsiness, fatigue, lethargy, lack of energy, sleepiness and hot/cold feelings.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, slow heart rate, palpitations and chest pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and diarrhea/ loose stools.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, unsteadiness, tingling, tremor, confusion, disorientation, hallucinations, headache, nervousness, incoordination, walking disturbances and anxiety.
• Skin : Increased sweating and rash/skin lesions.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision/visual disturbances, ringing in the ear and hearing loss.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15°C to 30°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All