This medication is an anti-parasitic, prescribed for trichomoniasis, giardiasis, bacterial vaginosis, and amebiasis. It works by killing sensitive parasites and bacteria.
Contraindicated in patients during first trimester of pregnancy, breastfeeding, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2gm once daily for 3 days.
Child- PO- The recommended dose is 30 to 50 mg/kg/day.
Trichomoniasis, Giardiasis, Bacterial Vaginosis- Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2gm as a single dose.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve, brain, or blood problems; yeast infection, seizures, liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Central Nervous System :
Peripheral neuropathy (numbness, weakness, burning pain), tingling, unsteadiness, incoordination, giddiness, sleeplessness and drowsiness.
• Gastrointestinal : Tongue discoloration, mouth ulcer and diarrhea.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, itching, rash, flushing, sweating, dryness of mouth, fever, burning sensation, thirst, watery mouth and shock.
• Genitourinary : Darkened urine.
• Heart : Palpitations.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Miscellaneous : Increased vaginal discharge, mouth infection, liver function abnormalities, joint/muscle pain, and joint inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...
There is a lining between the lungs and chest wall known as Pleura. The dismissal of pleura by a ...
Reflux nephropathy is the scarring and damage caused to the kidneys by reverse flow of urine from ...View All