This medication is a synthetic steroid hormone, prescribed for postmenopausal osteoporosis.
Contraindicated in patients with breast cancer, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, severe liver disease, heart disease and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2.5 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood clot problems, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure, gall stone, uterine fibroids, liver, kidney diseases, severe vaginal bleeding, sugar, epilepsy, migraine, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It should not be used in women within one year of menopause because of irregular periods.
• It may affect blood sugar level; dose adjustment needed for anti-diabetic medications.
• Patient may experience with high blood pressure, abnormal liver function, bleeding problem; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common :
Weight changes, swelling in the ankle, dizziness, headache and depression.
• Genitourinary : Irregular vaginal bleeding.
• General : Abdominal pain, GI disturbances, muscle pain, hair loss, skin rash and itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store in an airtight container and in a cool place.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All