This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for fungal infections of the vagina. It works by killing sensitive fungi.
0.4%- One full applicator (5 g) cream (20 mg terconazole) should be administered intravaginally once daily at bedtime for seven consecutive days.
0.8%- One full applicator (5 g) of cream (40 mg terconazole) should be administered intravaginally once daily at bedtime for three consecutive days.
It comes as a cream and suppositories, to apply through vagina.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid using douche without your doctor’s advice.
• Avoid sexual intercourse during the treatment.
• It may decrease the effectiveness of condoms and diaphragms.
• If your sexual partner has any infection in genital area, he should inform you.
Body pain, burning or itching of the vagina, painful menstruation and stomach pain.
It should not be used in children.
Store it at room temperature and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All