This medication is angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs), prescribed for hypertension. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
♦Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity. It should not be co-administered with aliskiren in patients with diabetes.
Hypertension- Adults- Oral: Initial: 40 mg once daily. Max: 80 mg/day.
Cardio Vascular risk reduction- Adults- Oral: 80 mg once per day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver or kidney disease, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• Patients may develop with severe allergic reactions; if it so consult with your doctor.
• It may cause diarrhea, dehydration, excessive sweating or vomiting which leads to low blood pressure.
• Most Common:
Headache, dizziness and diarrhea.
• Body as a Whole: Allergy, fever, leg pain and uneasiness.
• Heart: Palpitations, chest pain, fast heart rate, leg swelling and abnormal ECG.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness, drowsiness, headache, unsteadiness, tingling, involuntary muscle contractions, decreased sensitivity, impotence, increased sweating flushing, anxiety, depression and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal: Flatulence, constipation, stomach inflammation, vomiting, dry mouth, gastro esophageal reflux, tooth pain and nonspecific gastrointestinal disorders.
• Metabolic: Increased cholesterol level in blood and sugar.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint inflammation/pain and leg cramps.
• Immunity: Fungal infection, abscess and ear inflammation.
• Respiratory: Asthma, difficulty in breathing, nosebleed and inflammation of bronchus/nose.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, rash, redness and itching.
• Genitourinary: Increased urination frequency and bladder inflammation.
• Eye and ENT: Abnormal vision, eye inflammation, ringing in the ear and ear pain.
Monitor blood pressure, blood electrolyte levels, heart, kidney or liver function regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Immunosuppressant drugs suppress immunity. But why would you want to reduce immunity, which is ...
Winking is a non-verbal form of communication that involves the rapid closing and opening of one ...
Anti-aging ingredients can prevent signs of aging such as wrinkles, dryness, and sagging of skin. ...View All