This medication is an immunosupressant, prescribed for preventing organ rejection during transplantation. It decreases the activity of immune system to prevent an organ from rejection.
Topical- As 0.03% ointment- Apply a thin layer over the affected skin twice daily.
It comes as an ointment to apply topically as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with heart, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of skin cancer; avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Wear protective clothing and sunscreen with a high skin protection factor (SPF) to avoid sunburn.
• Wear sunglasses avoid eye damage.
• It may increase blood pressure; monitor blood pressure level regularly while taking this medication.
• Patient may experience with the following symptoms: thirst, excessive hunger, frequent urination, blurred vision and confusion.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, constipation, dehydration, gastrointestinal disorder, rectal disorder, hernia, intestinal inflammation, mouth ulcer and infection.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, dizziness, increased muscle tone, abnormal thinking, uneasiness and headache.
• Heart : Vein inflammation, heart disease, dilatation of blood vessels, fainting, fast heart rate and chest pain.
• Skin : Photosensitivity reaction, skin cancer, skin discoloration, skin overgrowth, skin ulcer, white patches on the skin and sweating.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, eye swelling, taste perversion, tooth decay, dry eyes, ear disorder, nosebleed and eye pain.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, lung disorder and inflammation of larynx.
• Metabolic : Increased cholesterol level and over active thyroid.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint inflammation, tendon disorder, nail disorder, neck pain and joint disorder.
• Genitourinary : Unintended pregnancy and vaginal infection/inflammation.
• Miscellaneous : Chills, fungal infection and swelling in the extremities.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All