This medication is an immunosuppressant, prescribed for preventing rejection of kidney transplants either alone or with other medications. It works by suppressing the body's immune system.
Adult: PO- Low-moderate risk patients: 6 mg on day 1. Maintenance: 2 mg once daily, given 4 hour after ciclosporin.
High immunological risk patients: Recommended loading dose: 15 mg. Maintenance: 5 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach or with food.
• ♦ Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney problems, high cholesterol, low blood platelet levels, diabetes, lung or breathing problems, any allergy, infections, who are taking other medications especially for HIV or Hepatitis C , during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), severe kidney problems, certain types of cancer; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid live vaccination while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Swelling in the extremities, high blood pressure, increased cholesterol level, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, headache, fever, urinary tract infection, anemia, nausea, joint pain, and decrease in platelet counts.
• Body as a Whole : Sepsis and infections.
• Heart : Blood clot events and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Mouth ulcer.
• Metabolic: Abnormal healing, increased level of lactic dehydrogenase (LDH) and decrease in blood potassium level.
• Musculoskeletal : Death of bone cells.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed and lung infection.
• Skin : Skin cancer and rash.
• Genitourinary : Kidney inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Cholestatic jaundice occurs when the flow of bile (chole) between the liver and small intestine is ...
Opportunistic infections are microbial infections that can cause disease in persons with a weak ...
The state health insurance programs provide health care support to the below poverty line (BPL) ...View All