This medication is a bronchodilator, prescribed for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It works by relaxing and opening the air passages to the lungs to make breathing easier.
Contraindicated in patients with high blood pressure during pregnancy, uterine infection, miscarriage, heart disease, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 2 to 4 mg.
IV/IM- 0.25 to 0.5mg.
Inhaler- 100 to 200 mg by inhalation.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or large muscle.
It also comes as an inhaler to inhale by mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, low levels of potassium in the blood, seizure, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medication, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Nervousness, shakiness, dizziness, headache, over active and hoarseness.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and increased or decreased appetite.
• Respiratory : Nosebleed and difficulty in breathing.
• Heart : Chest pain and irregular heart beat.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, pale skin, rash, hives and itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (30oC).
Inguinal hernia surgery is a procedure to repair a weak spot or defect in the lower wall of the ...
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder resulting from decreased secretion of one or more of the ...
Palliative care is a specialized multifaceted care for patients with chronic or terminal illness to ...View All